time flies.
tempus fugit
These two words were inscribed onto a set of my history notes not too long ago, serving as a gentle reminder to us that time flies. These two words seem an awfully apt title to my thoughts. You know it really wasn’t too long ago when I recall celebrating a 60th birthday, and it really wasn’t too long ago that she held my hand and brought the little me around the wet market. And I remember when I used to complain about my damp little shoes, and how I used to love sticking around just to watch her sew or cook. And I could go on and on, talking about the memories of someone who loved me dearly.
She’s 74 this year. (to my shock) And this recent bout of illness grips me with fear. Perhaps the most painful thing that one can experience, is to watch a loved one grimace in pain and you standing by the side, staring – helpless.
God, please heal her. Please.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home